From the moment you pre-admit to the time you leave the facility, our friendly nurses and staff are by your side to answer your questions and meet your needs. Whether you require same day surgery or services in the GI lab, you can be assured that the most advanced equipment is being used by some of the most seasoned staff found in healthcare today.
Pre-admission is the first step to having an outpatient procedure. During pre-admission, a nurse will go over any instructions that were given to you by the admitting physician and review your medical history. In addition, all hospital forms and paperwork are filled out during this appointment, making the day of your procedure much easier.
How should you prepare?
To ensure that you have the most positive experience possible, it is important to be prepared for the procedure.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight unless otherwise instructed by your physician.
- If you have been instructed by your physician to take medication by mouth the day of the procedure, only drink enough water to swallow it.
- Dress in comfortable clothes.
- Please try not to bring valuables. If necessary, however, small items can be locked away. Notify a nurse if this service is needed.
- For safety reasons, jewelry should not be worn anywhere on the body.
- Bring a driver to take you home after being discharged. Many times the medications used make it difficult to operate any type of motor vehicle.
- If you did not do so during pre-admission, please provide a copy of your living will.
- If you have been placed on new medications since pre-admission, provide the medication name and dosage to the nurse.
- Make a list of any questions that you may have.
For more information on Outpatient Surgical Services, please call (561) 840-6054 or (561) 845-8343.