Walgreens Opens on the Campus of St. Mary’s Medical CenterFeb 3, 2021
West Palm Beach, Fla. – St. Mary’s Medical Center, part of the Palm Beach Health Network, is now partnering with Walgreens and has opened an on-site pharmacy that allows discharged patients, staff, and the general public, to order and pick up medications.
“Having a great partner in Walgreens gives our discharged patients, and staff quick and easy access to fill medications they may need right here in our hospital, without having to make that extra drive to another location,” said Cynthia McCauley, chief executive officer at St. Mary’s Medical Center & The Palm Beach Children’s Hospital. “Having this on-site pharmacy is extremely beneficial to the care and well-being of our patients who are treated at St. Mary’s Medical Center & The Palm Beach Children’s Hospital.”
Some of the pharmacy services include:
- Medication and disease state management for patients with cancer, multiple sclerosis, HIV, chronic inflammatory diseases, cystic fibrosis, and organ transplant
- Prior authorization and financial assistance
- Free medication shipping and home delivery
- Non-hazardous and non-sterile compounding
- Delivery of discharge medications to patient bedside
- Delivery of employee medications on campus
- Over-the-counter medications
“This pharmacy creates a neighborhood health destination giving patients, staff, and the community easy and safe access to the medications they need,” said Georgia Lehoczky, registered pharmacist and regional healthcare director for South Florida and Puerto Rico, Walgreens. “This collaboration allows us to work directly with the doctors and pharmacists in a coordinated way to enhance the patient experience, and give the community the same high quality care and service they have come to expect from Walgreens.”
Walgreens has a full-time pharmacist working at the hospital location, which is open from 9am-7pm weekdays, Saturday from 9am-3pm, and closed on Sunday.