Memory Disorder Center
Recognizing a Memory Problem
As you age, you may experience some slowing of thought processes and short-term memory loss. However, when it becomes progressively worse and interferes with daily life, the need for a medical evaluation is indicated.
There are many conditions that can cause memory impairment or loss, including adverse medication effects, stroke, thyroid or vitamin B12 deficiency, Parkinson’s disease, depression and other neurological diseases. Early diagnosis is essential to determine the cause of memory loss and begin effective treatment.
The Memory Disorder Center at St. Mary’s Medical Center is one of 15 state designated memory centers in the state of Florida, offering comprehensive evaluation. We are the only center in Palm Beach County located in a hospital setting. Our center serves as a diagnostic, treatment and referral source for individuals experiencing changes in their memory and/or other cognitive functions, which may be affecting their daily lives.
Memories are too precious to lose. Come experience our team approach to caring.
A Comprehensive Evaluation
Our multidisciplinary team, composed of professionals from various fields, works together to assess and treat the cause of each individual’s memory concerns.
Our team members are:
- Nurse practitioner
- Licensed clinical social worker
- Counseling and education
- Caregiver support and education
- Early diagnosis support group
- Mindset classes
- Referrals to the newest research studies and community resources
- Educational materials
- MRA and CT imaging technology
Treatment planning and follow-up
Upon completion of the diagnostic process, we meet with the patient and family/care partner to discuss the findings. Diagnosis, treatment, support and referrals to appropriate community resources are provided, and follow-up visits are arranged to evaluate progress and review treatment.
A comprehensive report including all findings, diagnosis and plan of care is sent to the primary care provider.
We’re Here to Serve You. Early Detection Can Make a Difference
Do you or someone you love:
- Need reminders to do things like chores, shopping or taking medication?
- Forget appointments, family occasions or holidays?
- Feel sad or cry more often than in the past?
- Have increasing trouble doing calculations, managing finances, or balancing a checkbook?
- Have a loss of interest in usual activities such as hobbies or other social activities?
- Have trouble finishing sentences, or naming people or things?
If you are concerned about your answers, we encourage you to have a memory check-up.
Memory Disorder Center at St. Mary’s Medical Center
5305 Greenwood Avenue, Suite 102
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Call 561-882-9100 to schedule your appointment, FREE memory screening or to get a physician referral.
To test your own memory, take our quiz in our Health Library.