Comprehensive Spine Care
The Spine Center of Excellence at St. Mary’s Medical Center is dedicated to healing patients who require a specialized spine procedure. We are the first program in Palm Beach County to be certified by The Joint Commission. Our center features specially-trained physicians, along with a multidisciplinary team that includes: dedicated nurses, rehabilitation therapists, discharge planners and pain management specialists.
We offer advanced techniques to manage and resolve acute and degenerative conditions affecting the spine. Through various treatment options, our program is individualized and designed to fit each patient’s needs and goals.
Prior to admission, patients will experience one-on-one pre-operative education to help prepare for their visit, and we offer discharge education to explain the necessary steps for at-home healing. While visiting St. Mary’s, our dedicated patient navigator is committed to helping ensure a pleasant hospital stay for patients and visitors. Additionally, we provide a comfortable setting in a private room with specially prepared meals and internet access. Upon request, accommodations are available for a support “coach” throughout the patient’s admission.
The Spine Center of Excellence is designed for comfort and healing. Our post-operative unit team works to meet the needs of patients and their families following surgery in a hotel-like setting. Amenities include:
- VIP registration
- Private rooms with flat screen televisions and internet access
- Sleep accommodations, upon request, for family member or designated coach
- Custom climate control
- Private refrigerators
Common Spine Conditions
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain
- Disc herniation
- Compression fractures
- Degenerative disc disease (facet joint disease)
- Acute traumatic spine injury
- Spine osteomyelitis
- Nontraumatic spine instability
- Cauda Equina Syndrome
- Failed back and neck syndrome
- Non-surgical therapies
- Steroid injections (interventional spine injections)
- Lumbar, cervical and thoracolumbar fusions
- Dorsal column stimulator
- Baclofen pump for spasticity
- Scoliosis treatments (tethering, stapling)
- MAGEC System (a remote-controlled technology for treatment of spine deformities)
- Inpatient and outpatient pediatric and adult rehabilitation
- 3D full body imaging
Learn more about:
You can read stories from past patients to get a better understanding of different conditions and treatments.
For questions about our services, you can contact us at any time.