Comprehensive, Quality Care for Kidney Patients
The Schwartz Dialysis Center at St. Mary’s Medical Center is a free-standing unit on the hospital’s campus that works with a multidisciplinary team to help provide optimal management of acute and chronic renal (kidney) failure.
Whether your kidney condition is caused by an illness that affects the whole body, or one that harms the kidneys directly, our Agency for Health Care Administration-certified Schwartz Dialysis Center is ready to help.
Some common causes of kidney failure include:
- PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease)
- Urinary Tract Problems
Comprehensive Dialysis Services
Hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis services are provided 24 hours a day, on an inpatient and outpatient basis, at the Schwartz Dialysis Center.
Inpatient and outpatient hemodialysis is provided by a specialized pediatric nephrologist and skilled nurses at the Palm Beach Children’s Hospital at St. Mary’s Medical Center. Peritoneal dialysis services are also available.
The Schwartz Dialysis team provides continuous support and meets monthly to review and update each patient’s treatment plan. Our specialized care approach includes:
- A peritoneal dialysis program that provides home evaluation visits, one-on-one training and education, and development of an individualized plan of care.
- Highly-skilled nurses and certified technicians
- A dietitian who provides nutrition counseling, and advises on fluid and weight management.
- A social worker who provides resources and assistance for patients and families adjusting to end-stage renal disease. The social worker also facilitates referrals to community, private, state and federal agencies based upon psychosocial needs.
Schwartz Dialysis Center at St. Mary’s Medical Center
901 45th Street West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Looking for a doctor for yourself or a loved one? Call 561-882-9100 to find out what specialists are available.