Apricot Glazed Baked Salmon
Looking for a heart healthy entrée that is elegant, tasty and simple to prepare? This one checks all the boxes. As long as you don’t overcook it, it will be moist and delicious.
- 1 pound salmon filet, wild
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup apricot preserves, no sugar added
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rub salmon with olive oil and spices.Place salmon on a baking sheet (skin side down) lined with foil. Bake salmon for 10 minutes.
- While the salmon is in the oven, sauté minced garlic in olive oil over medium high heat in a saucepan for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients to saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove salmon from oven and spoon apricot glaze on top of salmon filets. Return salmon to oven and bake for 2-5 more minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
- Serve with a whole grain side such as couscous or brown rice and a vegetable for a complete heart healthy meal in minutes.
Nutritional information per 4 ounce serving: Calories 231; Total Fat 9.76 gm; Total Carbs 12.8 gm; Protein 22.6 gm; Sodium 203 mg