Mother & Baby
We Deliver for You
Each expectant mother has different hopes and beliefs about childbirth. Some prefer an all-natural experience, while others take comfort in pain management. Those undergoing cesarean sections may prefer to remain awake and bond with their babies immediately.
At St. Mary’s Medical Center, we work with you to meet your preferences whenever possible, for your comfort, joy and peace of mind.
Ready for every possibility
You can never be sure about what surprises your baby might have in store for you, so it’s comforting to know you’ve chosen a hospital that’s equipped to address the unexpected.
Services provided at The Birthplace include:
- Specialized physicians and nurses on staff 24/7.
- Level III NICU-Florida’s highest designated level of neonatal intensive care.
- A specialized team for high-risk pregnancies.
- All private rooms.
- Deluxe rooms available at The Birthplace Suites
- Extended visiting hours and accommodations available so that the new dad or a support partner can stay over.
- Education and support resources for mom, dad and siblings.
- Breastfeeding counseling and support by certified lactation consultants.
- Pre-registration available to save time on your big day. This form can be found online at: StMarysMC.com/our-services/mother-baby.
- Help finding the right doctor for you. Call 561-882-9100 for a free physician referral.
Delivering more babies than any other hospital in Palm Beach County
From highly-trained healthcare professionals and advanced technology, to comfortable, family-oriented practices, we’re ready to treat moms and their newborns with all the care, respect and compassion they deserve.
In the event that a newborn needs additional care, he or she will also have access to a variety of pediatric specialties and outpatient clinics at the Palm Beach Children’s Hospital at St. Mary’s Medical Center.
These, among others, may be some of the reasons that more expectant mothers choose St. Mary’s than any other hospital in Palm Beach County. In fact, we have been voted as Best Place to Deliver Your Baby in Palm Beach county for 2015 and 2016 by readers of South Florida Parenting Magazine.
If you have questions about having your baby at St. Mary’s Medical Center or would like to take a tour, please call us at: 561-882-9100.
St. Mary's Medical Center achieved the Healthgrades 2016 Labor and Delivery Excellence Award. This distinction places St. Mary's within the Top 10% in the nation of all hospitals evaluated for exceptional care provided to mothers during labor and delivery.